I got to chat with Paul, the head brewer at BrickHouse Brewing, in Patchogue, who has been a long time supporter of Long Island Craft Beer Week. The BrickHouse is celebrating its 20th year and has been the anchor of the Patchogue renaissance.
I got to talk to some great people from breweries around the Island when I attended Great South Bay Brewery’s Bay Fest, yesterday. Taking precious time away from the hordes of attendees, I managed to grab a couple of minute-long interviews with folks from three Long Island breweries. I want to thank Tim from The Brewers’ Collective, Kevin from Sand City, and Nate from Crooked Ladder once again for answering some questions and ignoring my amateur camera work.
Check out the videos at Drunk & Unemployed!
Check it out: 7% ABV with a hop bill consisting of Citra, Amarillo, Cascade, and Equinox. We also went with larger 16oz cans this year! Holy moly, we can’t wait for you all to try it! Remember, all it takes is two cans of non-perishable canned food to receive a can of Craft Cares IPA. This is a very limited run so one per person, please! Find your local trader here: http://longislandcraftbeerweek.com/craft-cares-donation-locations
We look forward to spending time together next week during 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week, and we’re excited to announce the “Long Island Craft Beer Week” app! The app will allow you to:
- Connect with our attendees
- Browse speaker profiles and bookmark favorites
- Set reminders for sessions you don’t want to miss
- Get to know more about our Breweries
- Take session notes for future reference
- Open the web browser on your device and download the CrowdCompass Directory mobile app at: https://crowd.cc/s/eUMY —or— you can also find the app in your respective store by typing in “CrowdCompass Directory” in the search field. This will work for Apple and Android devices.
- After you download the app, search for the event by typing in “Long Island Craft Beer Week” in the top search field and hit search/enter. Click on the event name to get access to the event content.
- Login to the event for more features and add yourself to attendee list. Tap on the “about” icon and look for the “sign up for an account” instructions under App Help section.
BlackBerry & Non-Smart Phone Devices
The web version of the app is accessible at: https://crowd.cc/licbw
Long Island Craft Beer Week Champions—Here to Help! Email: email@example.com
Starting May 13, 2016, here are the locations where you can trade two cans of food for one can of Craft Cares IPA (one can per person, please—supplies are very limited!):
- 1940’s Brewing Co, 1337-1 Lincoln Av, Holbrook NY 11741
- Anthony’s Coal Fire Pizza, 6401 Jericho Tpk, Commack NY 11725
- Bellport Cold Beer & Soda, 417 Station Rd, Bellport NY 11713
- The Black Sheep Ale House, 78 2nd St, Mineola NY 11501
- Blue Point Brewery, 161 River Av, Patchogue NY 11772
- Bobbique, 70 W Main St, Patchogue NY 11772
- BrickHouse Brewery, 67 W Main St, Patchogue NY 11772
- Craft Beer Cellar, 24 Main St, Port Washington, NY 11050
- Destination Unknown Beer Co, 1 S Chicago Av, Bay Shore NY 11706
- J.A. Heneghan’s Tavern, 57 Lido Blvd, Point Lookout NY 11569
- Homebrew & Handgrenades, 2378 Grand Av, Baldwin NY 11510
- Hotel Indigo, 1830 W Main St, Rt 25, Riverhead NY 11901
- Lithology Brewing Co, 211 Main St, Farmingdale NY 11735
- Moustache Brewing Co, 400 Hallett Av, Riverhead, NY 11901
- Parlay Gastropub, 210 Merrick Rd, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
- Port Jeff Beverage, 5 Railroad Av, Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
- Port Jeff Brewing Co, 22 Mill Creek Rd, Port Jefferson, NY 11777
- Sand City Brewing Co, 60 Main St, Northport NY 11768
- Spider Bite Brewery, 920 Lincoln Av, Unit 5, Holbrook NY 11741
- The Tap Room Patchogue, 114 W Main St, Patchogue, NY 11772
Before Long Island bars, distributors, and brewers come together for the festivities during 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week, May 13 – May 22, a group of brewers joined together to collaborate on the second beer in the Craft Cares series. The beers brewed for Craft Cares are not for sale, but are traded for by giving two canned goods to participating locations. The canned goods are donated to Long Island Cares, for the benefit of the hungry on Long Island.
This year, the collaborators met up on an early grey Thursday morning at Blue Point Brewing, in Patchogue. While the small talk revolved around the the lighter side of beer brewing, the serious brewing got underway. Using Niagara malt, the brewing facility filled with that unmistakable scent of malted barley. Throughout the day, hops were added a specific intervals. With the list of hops these brewers used, it’s fairly obvious that the 2016 Craft Cares brew will be an IPA. As for the name of this year’s version, we don’t know yet. We can’t expect brewers from 11 different breweries to agree on everything that quickly, can we?
The 2016 Craft Cares collaborators are Charles Becker from 1940’s Brewing, Steve Pominski from Barrage Brewing, Jim Richards from Blue Point, Paul Komsic from BrickHouse Brewery, Chris Candiano from Destination Unknown Beer, Marc Jackson from Lithology Brewing, Lauri and Matt Spitz from Moustache Brewing, Mike Philbrick from Port Jefferson Brewing, Larry Goldstein from Spider Bite Brewing, and Peter Chekijian from Twin Fork Beer, along with Kevin Sihler from Sand City Brewing. Look forward to an official release date for the 2016 Craft Cares cans and for more information on the 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week on this website and on our Facebook page!